Use a dictionary to help you explain the two meanings of the following homophones and homographs
1. roll and role a role that you eat and you roll over
2. vice and vice bad habit and jaws that grip a thing
3. won and one I won the game and one thing
4. council and counsel people pay council rates and to counsel som one
5. lie and lie I lie down on my bed and I told a lie to my mum
6. tear and tear. You can’t cry a single tear and most wedding have tree tear cake
Use a dictionary to assist you to formulate the meaning of 5 list words.
1. Upper upper case letters.
2. Respect a feeling for someone or some think.
3. Power to have say In almost all things
4. Citizen people who have full right in a country
5. Laws a rule made up by the authority
Please complete the following passage with the correct homophones.
The mayor (mare, Mayor) of our local council (council, counsel) has approved a project to build a road (road, rode) through a local park. My mother wrote to (too, to) our local member to say the rights (rights, writes, rites) of children had been denied. As a tax (tacks, tax) payer she felt she had to have her say as did many other people who also sent( sent, scent, cent) their objections through the mail( male, mail). The road(rode, road) has been allowed(allowed, aloud) to go ahead anyway. The council(council, counsel) one (won, one).